Recieved from friskykitten64 in bright packaging 🙂
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Oh, lord. I likes ’em both. Gonna have to be teh Chocolate, though. Otherwise I’d lose my membership in the “Freak For All Things Choco”.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
At our house, Santa individually wraps every gorram thing. Even the stuff that might be elf-made or come from Sir Walmart. Usually, at three AM with many pots of black coffee.
And then, Santa gets woken up by a small, blonde cherub with poison-dog breath shrilling “Santa was here! Santa was here! C’mon, Mommy!!!” And then, dragged to the living room, where LOOK! Santa had been here! Yaaaaaaay! And then Mommy/Santa does the Kermie-happy dance with her Girlie. And then all is right in the world again ’cause grinning, spastically happy Girlies make teh Santa positively gleeful.
3. Colored lights on tree/house?
I’m of two minds on this one. I think that the multi-colored lights can be very pretty. But, not as elegant as a single color theme on a tree. So, for me — kids trees *needs* lots of different colored lights and garland and stuff that they (the kids) made and popcorn strings and tons of ornaments and some of the presents from Papa Noel in the tree itself.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I would love to but, its poisonous.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
When everything is not in disarray, I like to put my Christmas decorations up the week after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Hmmm….I guess it would have to be whatever is being served. Honestly, I don’t have a favorite. Although, come to think of it turkey is right yummy.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Waking up with my brother and creeping down to the living room. And then, running back to wake up Mom and Dad to let them know that Santa had been here!!! And, then we would sit around all morning and unwrap presents from each other. Everyone took their time and we took it in turns. It allowed everyone to participate in everybody’s presents. Mom and Dad would drink coffee – and as we kids got older, so did we. We would talk and laugh and comment and the tree would cast a multi-color’d glow over us.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Truth about Santa? Santa *exists*, man. He just passes to the next generation to carry on.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve or Day?
All gifts should be opened on christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
See above comments regarding lights.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread?
I *wish* it would snow here in South Central Texas.
12. Can you ice skate?
Actually, I can.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Yes, its the same every year. I love spending time with my family. THAT is my best gift.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I don’t really have one. I like making Christmas fudge, though.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Covered this already.
17. What tops your tree?
Usually an angel or a star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
oh, I like receiving quite alot. But, some of the best memories I have involve giving a gift that really touches the heart of the person.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Carol of the Bells.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?